Native Waters bottled water

Native Waters to sponsor Lowell Summer Music Series this summer.

Native Waters to be exclusive bottled water supplier for 2010 Lowell Summer Music Series

Newton, MA June 23, 2010 — Native Waters, the earth-friendly bottled water company has signed on as a sponsor of the 2010 Lowell Summer Music Series. The Native Water brand will be the exclusive bottled water sold onsite at the concerts, which take place from June 25 – September 11, 2010 in Boarding House Park in Lowell. Native Waters will be available onsite at all the concession stands as well as backstage for the artists.

Native Waters is a Massachusetts-based company that produces locally-sourced bottled water packaged in biodegradable and recyclable bottles. Bottled water is the second largest bottled-beverage sold in the U.S. market, representing more than 8.7 billion gallons of water. However only 30% of all PET plastic bottles are recycled, leaving 70% of these bottles to end up in landfills or incinerators. By selecting Native Waters as the exclusive water provider for the festival, the Lowell Summer Music Series is minimizing its impact on the environment.

“We are thrilled to have Native Waters as a sponsor of the 2010 Lowell Summer Music Series,” said Peter Aucella, programming director of the Lowell Summer Music Series. “Over the course of the summer, bottled water is a critical need for any outdoor music festival. However, we are always concerned with making our events as earth-friendly as possible. Native Waters will allow us to meet the needs of the concertgoers while still remaining environmentally conscious.”

Native Water is bottled in ENSO Bottles, a biodegradable and recyclable PET plastic bottle. Made from 25% recycled plastic the bottles are produced with Ecopure™, an organic compound added to the plastic manufacturing process that allows the bottles to be metabolized and neutralized on a microbial level, completely breaking down the plastic. ENSO bottles maintain the same physical properties and strengths as existing PET plastic bottles yet provide a more shelf stable and practical solution than starch-based PLA materials and oxo-degradable plastics. The bottles are biodegradable in both anaerobic and aerobic environments and can also be successfully mixed with standard PET plastic recycling.

To add to the sustainability of the bottled water, Native Waters sources all water locally in the Berkshire Mountains in Western Massachusetts. The water is naturally filtered through layers of sand, clay, gravel and rocks before reaching the surface source. Native Waters then uses local distributors to send the product throughout New England, eliminating long trucking routes and minimizing the carbon footprint of the bottled water.

“Recycling remains the best choice for disposing of plastic bottles. But with more than 70% of today’s bottles being thrown away, Native Waters is a viable alternative,” said Rodger Cohen, co- founder of Native Waters. “As consumers learn more about the earth-friendly characteristics of Native Water brand, they will see it as a practical option to traditional bottled water that can help preserve our planet.”

Native Water is available in both 500 ml and 700 ml sizes. The product is available at select retail stores, restaurants and colleges throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire. Native Water is distributed by Sysco, ghousen of Brattleboro, VT, Nasiff Fruit Company of Fall River, Mass., Great State Beverages of Hooksett, NH, Blue Coast Beverages of Mattapoisett, and Thomsen Food Service of Providence, RI. For more information on where you can find Native Water, visit

Native Waters, LLC
Native Waters, LLC, was founded in 2009 by Steven Nasiff and Rodger Cohen. The company was founded to provide sustainable product solutions for the beverage industry using the latest technology and a local approach towards improving the environment for current and future generations. To learn more about Native Water in the ENSO biodegradable bottle, visit or call 877.228.0711. Native Waters can also be found on Facebook at

About the Lowell Summer Music Series
The Lowell Summer Music Series is presented by the nonprofit Lowell Festival Foundation and the Lowell National Historical Park, a unit of the National Park Service. Twenty concerts and ten children’s shows are held at Boarding House Park at French and John Streets, in Historic Downtown Lowell, just in front of the Boott Cotton Mills and adjacent to a restored Boardinghouse that once housed the mill girls who labored in the Boott Mills. This is the 21st Season of the Lowell Summer Music Series, which will open its series on June 25, 2010 with a concert by blues legend Taj Mahal and will include such acts as The Indigo Girls, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Herbie Hancock, The B-52’s, Suzanne Vega, Jimmy Cliff, CAKE, Marc Cohn, Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Robert Randolph & the Family Band.