Our operations are overseen by our Executive Committee, supported by our key governance committees:
- Group Risk Committee
- Group Audit Committee
- Group Executive Committee
- Group Remuneration Committee
- Nomination Committee
These committees and the individual business sub-committees ensure we follow rigorous and consistent governance processes across our activities.
Our key governance principles are:
- Appropriate leadership and accountability at each committee.
- Recognition and use of skills and experience across the Group
- Clear focus on outcomes
- Provide assurance to shareholders and regulators that decisions and objectives are well informed, honest and are challenged appropriately
The Investor Board is responsible for the long-term success of the company, its overall Group strategy, for approving major investments and contracts, transactions and other financial matters, and for monitoring the progress of the Group against budget. All directors receive sufficient relevant information on financial, business and corporate issues before meetings, and there is a formal schedule of matters reserved for decision by the Board.